UPCOMING WEBINAR: How do Smart Cities Combat COVID-19?
Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom Korea Office and Korean German Chamber of Commerce & Industry (AHK Korea) are delighted to invite you to a Webinar on ‘How do Smart Cities Combat COVID-19', on Thursday, June 11, at 10:00 AM German Time / 15:00 PM BKK Time / 17:00 PM Korean Time.
Register for the event here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5073202033035474190
How are Korean Cities Utilizing ICT, AI and Big Data to Combat COVID-19?
After the COVID-19 outbreak, Korea registered the second highest total number of confirmed cases in February but managed to flatten the curve relatively quickly without drastic measures that restrict movement of people or lockdown of certain areas.
Smart city technologies – particularly information and communication technologies (ICT), big data and artificial intelligence (AI) play a key role in Korea’s response to COVID-19. Korean governmental institutions are utilizing innovative technologies to share emergency information, support social distancing, testing and contact tracing. This webinar highlights best practices of smart city technologies that safeguard citizens’ health and enable cities to rapidly respond to emergencies such as COVID-19.
* Welcoming Remarks, Peter Winkler, Deputy Head of Mission, German Embassy Seoul
* Korea’s Smart City Approach to Combat COVID-19, Dr. Sanghoon Lee, Managing Director, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement (KAIA)
* Supporting Employees, Customers and Society in times of COVID-19, Christine Rim, SAP Institute for Digital Government Korea Lead
* Q & A, moderated by Felix Kalkowsky, Vice President, KGCCI DEinternational Ltd.
* Closing Remarks, Dr. Christian Taaks, Head of Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom Korea Office
Please find attached further details.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.